In your life as an internet marketer or blogger, you would have definitely come across the name iPage hosting that is an extremely popular provider of web-hosting services, let that be shared hosting or dedicated servers. Being one of the cheapest web-hosting providers as well, it is natural if you are a bit confused about choosing iPage hosting for an upcoming blog or website of yours — cheap is often used as a synonym for non-reliable services in digital world; long live professionalism! Nevertheless, to help you get rid of that confusion, we have come up with a neutral-and-effective iPage review of their hosting service. We discuss various aspects of it such as affordability, customer service, user interface and its intuitiveness etc. We can start the iPage review with an introduction to iPage, and discuss the history.
iPage Review – An Overview
Founded in 1998, iPage hosting has a good history to talk about, as the firm has been in the best-list of professionals when it comes to choosing a sense-making web-hosting provider for their upcoming blogs or websites. However, it’s now owned by Endurance International Group — the same group that runs Bluehost, HostGator, Arvixe, JustHost and many more; thus, think once if you are about compare JustHost and iPage in terms of reliability and performance. Coming back to the case of iPage, the company says it’s running all the servers using the wind power, which is indeed a great option to save energy in a world that starves due to the decreasing amount of resources. And, if you are interested, you even have an option to get a Green badge for your blog or website. So, that’s all about iPage hosting as a company, managed by EIG! Now, it is time to move on to the REAL aspect of web hosting services offered by our iPage review.
Services Offered by iPage Hosting
As we said, a variety of web-hosting services are offered by iPage and they are as follows. We hope it’s good to have a look on those so that you can be sure whether iPage hosting has the appropriate solution for your purpose.
- Essential Hosting is the name that iPage hosting has given to the shared web hosting service offered and it is one of the cheapest web-hosting services you would ever find. There’s nothing sort of plans to mess up with, but Essential Hosting is available for as low as $1.99 per month! And, that’s not over, you can get unlimited resources, including unlimited domain hosting, storage space etc along with a free domain registration — yeah, you did hear the last one right. Also, there are tools that help users build their websites or blogs quite easily by using those scripts and other stuff.
- WordPress Hosting from iPage should be your choice when you need an optimized web server to run your WordPress-based blog or website, without any kind of tensions involved. There are two plans available — its primary option named WP Starter that is available for $3.75 per month and the WP Essential that does cost $6.95 per month; in the latter, you can have features like enhanced security, speed and technical support by an experienced team. With both plans, there’s free domain registration and unlimited resources, which does make WordPress hosting section of iPage quite impressive.
- iPage hosting is one of the best Virtual Private Server providers in the industry and the configuration of your server can be customized according to your requirement. The basic customizable version of iPage VPS that is having single core processor, 1GB RAM, 40GB storage space and 1TB Bandwidth is available for monthly rate of $24.99 though you can get 20% discount for first month. The VPSs offer semi-private resource availability and cloud-based flexibility that matter when you need enhanced security and performance.
- Dedicated Server is a great option when you need independent control and performance and it will be nice if you are going for a dedicated server when it comes to a business-based environment. The basic plan of these dedicated servers, offering dual core processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB Storage and 5TB bandwidth is available for $149.99 and the first-month-20%-off is applicable for this too. Well, just as other dedicated server, iPage will give you dedicated resources and other features.
In our perspective, despite the Essential Hosting section, sufficient plan are available from iPage hosting and you can choose the one according to your requirement. When it comes to Essential Hosting, however, it’s one of the cheaper shared web hosting services we have ever come across. The availability of free domain registration makes it steal-deal as far as common users are concerned. Thus, we give it a five-star rating for affordability aspect of iPage hosting.
Customer Support of iPage Hosting
Our iPage review also discovered they offer around-the-clock customer support. This is available from iPage hosting and it is great factor when it comes to preferring iPage hosting to another user. Actually, there are several ways to seek support from iPage hosting. Primarily, you get the 24/7 phone-based support, chat and email-based support. This is available for almost every plan of iPage hosting services, and there are step-by-step tutorials that are available. So, there’s a good deal, indeed.
Additional Resources that Matter
In addition to the above mentioned features, iPage hosting has some sort of additional features that matter. To help your marketing efforts, you can have credits for Google AdWords, Yahoo Sponsored Search etc. Thus, when combined with quick-installation scripts and lots of other site-building features, iPage hosting is highly user-friendly.
Pros and Cons
- Cheap plans and pricing
- Additional scripts and resources
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Restrictions on Usage of Storage Space
- Renewal price is way too high than what you pay when you start
- Not-so simple Interface
Considering all these, iPage hosting is just a superb web host when you give preference to cheapness of service with no compromise made on support. Altogether, despite the fact that the Unlimited policy may not be actually a truly unlimited one, iPage hosting is good, I believe.