Siteground Versus DreamHost — Picking a hosting organization to satisfy your business’ one of a kind needs is troublesome notwithstanding when you’ve limited your choices to two or three, on its substance, most hosting organizations offer comparable features. How about we get in the engine of two spending plan hosting organizations: SiteGround and DreamHost that both claim to offer low costs and premium element.
SiteGround and DreamHost are both award champs in the hosting business. DreamHost has more than 1,500,000 sites, blogs and apps, and SiteGround has around 450,000. Is it better to be bigger, and how do these two hosting organizations truly look at? How about we initially take a gander at a depiction of the two organizations.
Most Important Factors
Taking flight in 1997, DreamHost’s main goal was to outfit the power of open-source to help any individual who needed internet presence, basically and economically.
Established in 2004, SiteGround selected to concentrate on speed-optimization and custom software solutions of its servers.
The two hosts have great notorieties in the business. Alexa Ranking, which can give you an extremely expansive sign of an organization’s prominence, gives SiteGround a worldwide positioning of 3,642 and DreamHost one of 5,318.
#2 Uptime and Reliability
Solid fast page loading and uptime are non-debatable on the grounds that these highlights straightforwardly influence your clients’ view of your business each time they visit your site.
- DreamHost ensures 100% uptime. com tried the two webhosts over a 30-day term and discovered DreamHost had an average uptime of 99.92%. These figures are great.
- DreamHost has in the vicinity of 0.93 and 2.74 seconds reaction time. Tests by com demonstrated the normal reaction time for SiteGround sites to be .6 seconds and for DreamHost .5 seconds. The two rates are just barely sufficient contrasted with a host like InMotion which is all things considered 100% quicker.
- Restoring plans is an additional cost.
- In 2015, DreamHost moved its server farm methodology from working its own particular servers to colocation administrations. ViaWest in Oregon now deals with its two California server farms, and RagingWire works its Virginia Center. The advantage is that server farm administration is outsourced to experts. DreamHost has vigorous DELL servers utilizing strong state drives that expansion hosting speeds by 200%.
- Lately, Dell Unveils Industry’s First OpenStack Infrastructure with webhosting companies including DreamHost.
- SiteGround ensures 99.9% uptime.
- As indicated by testing done by codeinwp.com, the reaction time for a SiteGround site was in the vicinity of .4 and 3.76 seconds
- For its day by day backup, SiteGround offers 30 duplicates per day with its GoGeek and GrowBig plans. Restore plans and Premium backup are an additional cost for the two webhosts.
- SiteGround has server farms in Singapore, Amsterdam, London and Chicago. SiteGround deals with its servers, composes its own particular programming patches when vital and stores whole extra servers on location. It uses the most recent propelled Apache web servers. Clients can pick the nearest area to their customers to get the best page loading speeds.
#3 Key Features
Note: Both webhosts offer the most recent form of Python, Perl, PHP, MySQL, and various safety efforts like every day backup, SPAM security and hotlink, and email accounts and multiple domains.
With both SiteGround and DreamHost Shared hosting accounts you can enlist a domain name with a standout amongst the most prevalent expansions (.info, .org, .net, .com, and so forth.) free for the life of your record. At DreamHost, domain enlistment costs accompany free domain security.
- Compared to its rival, only SiteGround has a web builder.
- Weebly is a simple to-utilize, mainstream simplified web builder that enables you to make an expert site regardless of the possibility that you’ve never made a site (SiteGround Launch Free Weebly Website Builder integration).
- You can include content, photographs, maps, sound and recordings to your site just by moving components into put. Weebly incorporates retail facade topics so you can make a practical eCommerce website with as meager exertion as making a blog.
- For DreamHost avid fans, learning WordPress may be a decent option as there are different discussions out there to enable you to begin and since WordPress powers 17% of the world’s sites, it’s a valuable aptitude to learn.
- Likewise, there are some WordPress templates and plugins to enable you to make a customized site utilizing a similar intuitive functionality as Weebly.
Both SiteGround and DreamHost offer unlimited messages, unlimited MySQL databases and automated assistants.
- SiteGround have been the primary host to execute account isolation; a system that keeps any record from influencing another’s execution and counteracting conceivable security breaks.
- SiteGround proactively screens and recognizes security abuses and composes its own particular patches to settle vulnerabilities quickly as opposed to waiting for official programming refreshes. It actualizes day by day reinforcements, SSH access, CloudFlare CDN, hardware upgrades (regular) and SSL certificates.
- Here is an infographic of how cool is SiteGround hosting security
- DreamHost has a complete Wiki article to manage you through the procedures important to set up secure email, document exchange, client accounts, and so forth. It offers CloudFlare incorporation, SSL/TLK certificates, day by day backups and domain privacy protection.
OTHER MAJOR FACTORS
#1 Control Panel
As we saw before, DreamHost and SiteGround have diverse backend interfaces. In the event that you are utilized to cPanel, DreamHost’s control board may disappoint you; in case you’re an apprentice, you’re in for a comparative expectation to learn and adapt whichever have you pick, so it doesn’t make a difference.
Both SiteGround and DreamHost
- Both SiteGround and DreamHost have backend interfaces you will use to deal with your billing, databases, files, backups, emails, domains, account, and so forth, see site insights and install tools.
- The two hosts offer apparatuses to expand the speed of page loading, shield your site from hacking and SPAM, adjust asset portion and test changes to your site.
- SiteGround utilizes the well-known, simple to-utilize, cPanel control board. It highlights Softaculous for 1-click installations of programming contents, without spam email, Cloudflare CDN, AutoUpdates for Joomla and WordPress, SuperCacher and a Staging domain for when you need to test changes to your site.
- DreamHost has an exclusive control board which veers off from the business standard cPanel in that it feels more like a customary dashboard with a left route board. You can relocate route things to redo different territories of the board.
- You can likewise utilize the Control Panel to install WordPress (and different applications and additional items) utilizing the One Click Installer.
#2 Ease of Use – One-Click Installers
Most control boards offer 1-click establishment for well-known programming and contents like WordPress, ZenCart, and photo gallery and calendar utilities. 1-click installers are additionally used to empower page streamlining, influence your site to live, enact security programming and make email accounts. There are not very many hosting organizations that don’t offer 1-click software installment for most application additional items and both DreamHost (What One-Click Installs does DreamHost offer?) and SiteGround do.
The Minor Factors
#1 WordPress Hosting
The two hosts give a WordPress 1-click installer, an auto-updater, Supercacher, WordPress Staging (which makes it simpler to test and actualize changes without building a different test server), pre-introduced Git (permitting you roll out improvements locally and afterward push these progressions to your live site in the wake of testing) and Command Line Management.
- All SiteGround’s WordPress hosting plans offer comparable highlights to that of its Shared hosting plans.
- Its StartUp design, which is $3.95/month, is poor in features, however its GoGeek design, which can be purchased for $14.94/month, is profoundly suggested.
- The GoGeek design offers a free domain name for the life of the arrangement, free webpage transfer, 30GB web space, free PCI-consistence, a 1-year free SSL certificate, boundless SQL databases and various sites.
- SiteGround says it has less records on the WordPress server which decreases the opposition for assets.
- DreamHost’s WordPress hosting plan ($19.95 on the off chance that you agree to accept a yearly arrangement) offers one site for every arrangement, 30GB of capacity, Hip Hop Virtual Machine (HHVM) which is Facebook’s other option to PHP, Varnish storing, CDN reconciliation, auto-scaling RAM and detached MySQL database servers. WordPress accounts are hosted on detached VPSs.
- DreamHost performs programmed “snapshots” of your information at different standard interims (two weekly, two daily, two hourly). You can physically backup your sites, databases, and record information from the cpanel (just a single manual backup for each every month).
- SiteGround’s Softaculous 1-click installer gives you the capacity to restore and backup your destinations with one snap. SiteGround keeps backups of clients’ shared and semi-committed hosting represents up to 30 days.
#3 Best For Beginners
- DreamHost’s Shared hosting plan is perfect for another business and gives enough assets to a blog, new company or little eCommerce webpage.
- DreamHost offers the inclusion of free domain
- SiteGround’s Startup design is for personal utilization and organizations who realize that eventually they should upgrade however might want to try things out or test the waters by making a fundamental web presence.
- According to this source, SiteGround Web Hosting is Crafted For Top Website Performance
#4 About Your Money – Price and Plans
- SiteGround’s Shared hosting StartUp design isn’t prescribed for eCommerce destinations.
- To have an eCommerce site, you have to agree to accept the GoGeek design ($14.95/mo) which offers free PCI-consistence (a legitimate necessity for charge card exchanges) and a devoted IP address.
- Free eCommerce programming incorporates SSL, Zen Cart, Magento, Agora, and CubeCart. CubeCart, Agora, Magento, Zen Cart, and SSL. In the event that your clients are outside of the US, you may profit by having a server close to your intended interest group’s land range (which SiteGround can offer you). On the off chance that your clients are in the US, this doesn’t make a difference.
- DreamHost’s Shared hosting (from $7.95/mo) offers free PCI-consistence. Free eCommerce programming incorporates SLL, CubeCart, Zen Cart.
- To help your eCommerce site: both SiteGround and DreamHost’s GoGeek design offer SSL endorsements (to verify your site), FTP ccess, organizing environments for testing site changes, day by day backups, and IP addresses that are dedicated.
#5 Abouty Your Money – Money-Back Guarantee
With the two webhosts, there are no setup expenses or charges for domain name enrollment. Both offer money-back guarantee (97 days for DreamHost and 30 days for SiteGround). While DreamHost’s certification sounds noteworthy, remember it is legitimate for Shared hosting.
Tier: SiteGround WINS!
DreamHost – 4.5/11
SiteGround – 6.5/11
Reasons to pick Dreamhost:
- More experience and more honors
- Excellent money-back guarantee
- Outsourced server farms to experts
- Transparent price structure
DreamHost is best for eCommerce and businesses locales that require unwavering quality, adaptability and the choice to redesign their plans. It’s most likely overkilling for somebody composing a blog or whose business simply needs a web presence.
Reasons to pick SiteGround:
Conventional, simple to-utilize cPanel control board
Worldwide server organize
Inventive way to deal with security
Super-spending section level advertising
SiteGround is perfect for home use, for business people and independent ventures on a financial plan yet in addition for greater organizations that value the creative enterprise that has SiteGround rivaling bigger hosts than itself.