One of the initial steps on the way to a successful site is picking the organization to host your site. There are a lot of features and plans from which to pick, so how would you choose which is best for you? This no holds barred audit of Arvixe Vs iPage will enable you to limit your decisions.
While Arvixe is not too popular as other hosting organizations, it is, nonetheless, quickly setting up a notoriety for being one of the quickest developing webhosting organizations. iPage is a long-lasting player, having been established in 1998 – despite the fact that it was relaunched in 2009 – and it has more than 1 million sites on its servers.
Arvixe was obtained by Endurance International Group (EIG) in 2014, while EIG gained iPage in 2009. While EIG organizations are not clones of each other, they are comparable. In the event that you have had issues with one, you may have similar issues with another.
Arvixe Vs iPage
Most Important Factors
Uptime, Performance, and Reliability
- First, Arvixe has a 99.9% assurance, with a free month’s discount if a month to month average falls beneath that rate.
- Second, Arvixe puts a great part of the site related information on SSDs, including email servers and databases, for rapid execution testing practically identical destinations for response and loading times can give a thought of relative execution. An Arvixe hosted site yielded of 1.05s loading time, quicker than 89% of the destinations tried.
- And finally, Arvixe has server farms over the globe – in North America, Europe, and Hong Kong. Every one of the server farms are completely excess, with different power and cooling choices. They observe the server plans nearby for reliability and security.
- Doesn’t have an uptime ensure, yet insights kept since 2005 show an amazing 99.85% uptime record.
- For their shared hosting servers, iPage utilizes Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors
- A trial of a practically identical iPage site 3.31s – which is center of the pack – for locales tried on Pingdom.
- iPage has server farms in the Boston, MA, territory. Utilizing pooled server innovation, with no pool being contained totally in one rack, implies if a rack loses control, your site still remains up. The company’s server farms are additionally fueled and cooled with diesel and redundancy reinforcements. Mirrored backups are done day by day to ensure reliability.
The two hosts are domain registrars.
Arvixe Vs iPage – both give boundless email records and email sending. Unlimited records are leverage on the off chance that you are an organization with numerous workers since it enables isolate records to be set up for everyone. You can likewise have isolate represents diverse divisions, for example, support or sales.
- As you may know, Arvixe contrasts from the business standard – it offers a free domain for whatever length of time that you have the plan. They additionally offer a free tranfer in the event that you as of now have a domain somewhere else.
- Furthermore, Arvixe gives RvSiteBuilder, which has a WYSIWYG supervisor and accompanies more than 600 web templates.
- Most importantly, Arvixe offers boundless MySQL databases, and backings PostgreSQL databases, too.
- Underpins some free and business online business choices, numerous with all day, every day support and automatic establishment.
- Utilizes Softaculous as a single-click installer for many apps.
- First, with iPage, you can have one free year of domain registration.
- Offers Weebly Basic free – however it is constrained in the quantity of pages you can make. Less restricted forms are accessible for extra month to month expenses.
- Permits boundless MySQL databases.
- iPage bolsters ShopSite, which is business store programming, for a month to month expense (a free form that is restricted to 5 pages is offered in their plans). ShopSite is available from the control board, in any case, a potential downside is that the store isn’t effectively exchange somewhere else should you choose to change has.
- Finally, iPage utilizes SimpleScripts, which is likewise a single-click installer, however it has less incorporated applications than Softaculous.
Winner: ARVIXE gets the first point in this Arvixe vs iPage contest.
- Arvixe proactively acts against DDoS dangers and scans.
- In addition, Arvixe gives assurance against attacks. Arvixe designs accompany Spamhaus and SpamAssassin sifting for email.
- Arvixe used to give shared SSL to its Linux shared plans, however they are not any more accessible for Windows PersonalClass or Linux designs. In any case, the BusinessClass designs have free SSL as long as you have an arrangement with Arvixe, and private SSLs are accessible for procurement.
- Gives an improved security suite with its plans which examines for network attacks or malware. It additionally gives virus checking to email.
- Shared SSL is accessible with iPage designs through the control board, and Private SSL authentications might be bought.
Technical and Customer Support
- Arvixe had a remarkably stellar notoriety for technical and customer support, as of not long ago. Since the EIG buyout, client grumblings about administration and support have risen.
- In any case, despite everything it rates better than expected in technical and customer support.
- Very much evaluated for administration and support with knowledgeable and friendly faculty.
- Has a Community Directory, which records every one of the sites hosted on iPage by classification.
- Likewise has an application called Tapp, which gives a portable asset for the webhosting data.
Arvixe Vs iPage – both have a live chat, email, phone for every minute of every day. Both have a broad information base with instructional exercises and recordings, and Arvixe has a dynamic blog.
Winner: IPAGE wins the 3rd category for Arvixe vs iPage.
Other Major Factors
- Utilizes the easy-to-use, symbol-based interface of cPanel.
- iPage utilizes vDeck, which would require some getting used to for those originating from cPanel. Prior forms of vDeck were not aggressive with cPanel, but rather the most recent (adaptation 4) is sufficiently effective to be a reasonable option.
Minor Server Quality Factors
- Both iPage and Arvixe offer managed WordPress designs. Managed WordPress designs will ordinarily cost more than a standard shared arrangement.
- Some portion of the additional cost is on account of manage WordPress designs are regularly put on upgraded servers with reserving and additional security to improve stability and performance.
- Another advantage of manage WordPress hosting is that programmed reinforcements and updates of your WordPress websites improved the situation for you. This enables you to concentrate on what’s critical – your site content.
- Arvixe varies from many hosting organizations in that it doesn’t charge additional for oversaw WordPress.
Arvixe does everyday backups (snapshots) of its servers utilizing R1Soft. They host the backups on a different server for repetition.
iPage makes everyday backups utilizing NetApp Snapshot. They likewise offer a discretionary Site Backup and Restore that timetables programmed backups and rebuilding at the document level, for an extra month to month expense. Also, they mirror backups of its servers.
Reseller and Affiliate Programs
Arvixe’s partner program pays from $70 to $135 per referral, contingent upon the quantity of referrals you have every month. Arvixe likewise has an affiliate program for both Windows and Linux.
With iPage, you can make up to $150 per referral, and its affiliate program gives marking.
Both accompany a sum of $200 in promotion credits to Google and Yahoo.
Provides “Priority Support” for an extra month to month expense.
They give 1 gigabyte cloud storage with its designs, and a free posting for your site.
About Your Money
Pricing and Plans
Note: Since web hosting is such an aggressive industry, consistent changes in valuing are normal, as is limited time estimating. Since promotion pricing is normally restricted to the primary term of administration, agreeing to accept a more drawn out term implies more prominent reserve funds. With most host, with or without pricing in promos, longer terms of administration for the most part result in value breaks. The costs underneath are present for the season of this correlation.
Offers four shared plans – two in BusinessClass and two in PersonalClass. All the BusinessClass and PersonalClass and levels offer databases, emails, bandwidth, and unlimited space.
- PersonalClass is $4 every month.
- BusinessClass is $22 every month.
- PersonalClassPro is $7 every month.
- BusinessClassPro is $35 every month.
The Pro levels permit unlimited number of sites, while the general levels just permit six. BusinessClass and BusinessClassPro have less clients on the server, making it fundamentally imparted hosting to VPS highlights.
- The ASP (Windows) choice runs a couple of dollars more for each arrangement and level. Arvixe’s shared plans offer unlimited PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. Additionally, BusinessClass designs have a free SSL certificates for whatever length of time that Arvixe hosts the site. You have the alternative of picking the Asian, European, or U.S. server farms at checkout.
- Arvixe offers two managed WordPress designs, at $7 and $4 every month, the same as the PersonalClass shared hosting.
- Unlimited number of databases, unlimited storage, and unlimited bandwidth accompanies every one of the plans.
- The $4 design is restricted to 6 sites, while the $7 design permits unlimited number. The WordPress sites are effectively scaled from shared to dedicated and VPS hosting. Nonetheless, valuing goes up for the dedicated or VPS server choices.
- The two managed WordPress design of Arvixe are aggressively valued. WP Starter, at $3.75, essentially varies little from their consistent imparted hosting to bandwidth, disk space, email, unlimited domains. WP Essential, at $6.95, is SSD-based for speedier execution. The arrangement gives WordPerfect master support, and it has an indistinguishable unli bandwidth and capacity from WP Starter. They both accompany a free domain registration for one year.
- iPage makes it more or less simple pick a shared plan. There is just a single arrangement, with every one of the highlights of the best level designs of different hosts. Estimated at $3.25 every month for the principal term, it accompanies unlimited bandwidth, disk space, email, and domains.
- In addition, it accompanies a store and the SiteLock Basic administration as complimentary. iPage shared plans likewise accompany free domain registration for a year.
Winner: ARVIXE leads the race with a point from Arvixe vs iPage Pricing and Plans category.
VPS and Dedicated Plans
- Offers four VPS levels – two in Windows and two in Linux. Arvixe designs are $70 and $40 every month for the Linux alternative. The two Windows VPS levels are $100 and $60 every month.
- Each of the four Arvixe designs have boundless/unlimited bandwidth capacity, and they accompany a free SSL certificates for whatever length of time that you have the arrangement.
- Contingent upon the design, the six single processor dedicated server levels from Arvixe are estimated from $128.70 every month to $227.50 every month.
- For those requiring more execution, Arvixe has two multi-processor levels evaluated at $357.30 every month. They additionally offer cloud choices, beginning at $108 every month.
- The greater part of the Arvixe dedicated plans are managed for you.
- Well, iPage likewise has three plans, beginning from $119.99 every month. Also, iPage permits an unlimited number of databases and domains on each of the three dedicated levels.
- Another this is iPage has three VPS designs, estimated at $19.99, $79.99. , $47.99, and they permit unlimited databases and unlimited domains, and offer 1GB, 3GB, and 4GB of transfer speed or bandwidth individually.
Arvixe’s 60-day moneyback guarantee is superior to the business standard.
iPage has the business standard 30-day ensurance. In the event that you have the free domain enlistment on iPage or Arvixe, they will withhold a domain registration charge from any discount, and you can keep the domain name.
Winner: IPAGE gains the last point for our Arvixe Vs iPage comparison.
The Verdict: Arvixe Vs iPage
Tier: IT’S A TIE!
Arvixe – 6/12
iPage – 6/12
They have highlights that set them apart from each other. However, here are the reasons to pick one over the other.
Reasons to pick iPage over Arvixe
- Unlimited “everything” one shared plan
- Lower price for the primary term of use/contract
- Lower price managed WordPress designs
- Free store (with shared plan)
Reasons to pick Arvixe over iPage
- Better web builder
- Utilizations standard cPanel
- Significantly quicker load and reaction times
- Pre-installed WordPress
- Free domain registration insofar as plan is hosted
Arvixe’s full-highlighted managed WordPress designs evaluated the same as shared hosting is an or more for WordPress clients, however iPage’s costs and highlights are similarly engaging. The price likewise settles on it a superior decision for bigger locales or those that have a substantial number of guests.
On the off chance that you are quite recently beginning, or have a littler site, the iPage shared arrangement would be reasonable. Be that as it may, if execution is an issue, Arvixe has significantly speedier response and loading times.
Both of these hosting organizations offer phenomenal pricing for the quantity of highlights they give.
Do you find our Arvixe Vs iPage comparison helpful? Drop your comments and don’t forget to check out more from our archive of web hosting comparisons.