You can host websites with these easy-to-use web hosting services if you really want to do blog hosting, but this time, we’ll be trying our easy Free Web Hosting on Google Drive.
To host a web page using Google Drive, follow these steps:
- In your Google Drive, create a folder and set the folder’s permission to “Public On the Web”. To do this, right-click on the folder, and select Share. Click Advanced on the lower right bottom of the current screen, and click “Change” next to “Private – Only you can access”. Change it to “Public on the Web” then save.
- After making sure the file/s is in the Google Drive and inside the folder, select the HTML file, open it and click the “Preview” button in the toolbar.
- Then share the URL (for example, www.googledrive.com/host/…) and now your webpage is public an online!
Haven’t worked out that one for you? Try this one more method:
- Do the first 2 steps above.
- We will be needing a free service called DriveToWeb so follow the link.
- Grant access to your Google Drive.
- One logged in, DriveToWeb will automatically search for HTML files inside your Google Drive.
- Voila! You now have a static webpage hosting on Google Drive.
For a video tutorial, refer to this.