When looking for a webhost, you may have run over two of the most famous hosting organizations in particular DreamHost and HostGator. What’s more, in case you’re delaying between these two hosting goliaths, picking the correct one isn’t a simple task. Hence, we are going to go through HostGator Vs DreamHost and let’s see who rules!
Much the same as each webhost out there, they each have their advantages and disadvantages. So which one is the best? DreamHost and HostGator are two widely-known webhosting organizations competing for your business. Our HostGator vs DreamHost comparison takes a gander at an arrangement of must-have webhosting highlights and we score each organization.
Whichever webhost you choose, it is constantly critical to invest energy inquiring about the two organizations. Since both HostGator and DreamHost have substantial money-back guarantees, you can even try them both out and see which one you lean toward.
Most Important Factors
Brent Oxley established HostGator in 2002. Oxley was then an understudy of Florida Atlantic University. Starting at 2014, HostGator have more than 9 Million sites as per INC. Magazine.
DreamHost is a Los Angeles-based web hosting supplier, established in 1996 by Dallas Bethune, Michael Rodriguez, Josh Jones, and Sage Weil. Their diligent work has been paid off and now DreamHost has turned out to be one of the well-known hosting suppliers. Also, DreamHost knows the Cloud is the future of Computing.
Winner: DRAW. Both hosting suppliers have been around for over 10 years.
#2 Performance and Uptime
- For HostGator 99.9% ensured uptime is accommodated your site and you may get a kudos for the month’s hosting if this execution rate isn’t at that level.
- The guarantee is not significant in the instances of planned maintenance periods intended to keep you running at peak productivity.
- HostGator has attentiveness with regards to discounting cash so you should have a substantial reason and reach them before the finish of the next month.
- DreamHost offers a stunning 100% uptime ensure. You get one day of kudos for every hour (or part thereof) that your administration is interfered. This is restricted to a greatest measure of 10% of your hosting expense. This does not matter to any scheduled maintenance time.
- The downtime begins when the user makes a support ticket to report that they can’t get to their site. It additionally doesn’t have any significant bearing if the client has by one means or another made their own site crash because of coding or configuration mistakes made by the client.
- They are not obliged to give a discount to any downtime brought about for any reason. So be vigilant in what you do and say so they have no motivation to deny your demand for the discount.
- DreamHost has been cooperated with Alchemy Communications, a Los Angeles-based collocation and dedicated server supplier, for network service and data center. The server farms have cooling and redundant fire suppression systems, a UPS power backup generator, and gigabits of network capacity.
- To prove the credibility of their performance, DreamHost has published web Hosting Reviews that are driven by data, not by dollars.
Both HostGator and DreamHost
Both of HostGator and DreamHost house servers in different server farms of collocation suppliers. Luckily, every one of the suppliers are solid organizations with server farms furnished with a portion of the best systems, cutting edge security framework, excess power, HVAC and fire suppression/detection systems. The sites hosted with HostGator are open by means of the systems of Global Crossing, Time Warner, AT&T, Cisco and 6 other fiber and backbone suppliers.
#3 Technical and Customer Support
- Offers every minute of every day/365 for pretty much every one of the sorts of support you could envision.
- HostGator offers active forums (public and member-only) where users may help each other, a massive database of knowledge, in excess of 700 articles, more than 500 different tutorials, emails, live chat, and phone calls.
- DreamHost’s support is offered day in and day out/365. Be that as it may, you can’t ring the organization by any means. In case you’re willing to pay an expense, they’ll ring you. Individuals with shared plans can just send messages. Alternate clients pay additional for more help, in spite of it being very constrained.
- A Wiki support group of pages offers a far reaching set of connections to site pages with answers to your inquiries. Live Chat is typically accessible just when there aren’t many individuals caring for support tickets. Be that as it may, Live call is constantly accessible to individuals who have paid a callback expense.
- Twitter is one technique they use to help offer support. A considerable lot of the support staff are WordPress specialists which is convenient in light of the fact that WordPress is the most normally utilized stage.
#4 Security Measures and Backup Protocols
- HostGator just does week after week reinforcements so you ought to do your own every day also. You will be charged an expense to reestablish your site from a backup. Malware checks are additionally just led week after week.
- Server farms have various redundancies to shield all sites from each possible issue. They even have storm shelters and their areas are outside the FEMA 500 year surge plain. Executives and specialists are nearby all day, every day/365 to settle issues before they turn out to be more terrible. They are ensured by secured entrances, CCTV monitoring 24/7, mantraps, and biometric looks.
- Other security incorporates: smoke detectors, fire suppressors, diesel generators, high-tech redundant chillers and cooling systems to ensure servers will not overheat, uninterrupted power supplies, and many more.
- Has joined forces with StopTheHacker to offer all individuals unrivaled security in a gigantic large number of ways. These include virus and malware checks, assurance against being on boycotts, every day outputs of the site to guarantee the most elevated reputation level and considerably more. They offer four designs as per your necessities.
- Centers are kept an eye on day in and day out by support staff and technicians. CCTV is observed every minute of every day. All entryways are security ways to keep out gatecrashers. Numerous excess lines of physical security guarantee they have a continuous power supply and other hardware intended to shield the servers from getting excessively hot (in addition to other things).
- DreamHost boasts an outstanding set of security features that should satisfy even the most expert users.
#5 Upgrades, Shared Plans, and VPS Plans
- Utilizing HostGator, in case you’re uncertain how quick your needs will develop, you can pick a month to month contract rather than a more drawn out commitment. At that point you can upgrade when the need emerges and you’ll just pay the distinction in cost between the two contracts.
- On the off chance that you do an overhaul from a shared plan to a reseller choice, your site will be exchanged as is.
- When utilizing DreamHost, you can downgrade or upgrade your site.
- The main expenses included are the distinction in sums between the principal design and the second. Clearly it is possible that you or a help individual do the update and afterward it goes live.
- You may pick a month to month or yearly contract and DreamHost can enable you to pick the best one.
Other Major Factors
#1 Control Panel
- HostGator hosting plans accompany cPanel as control board. We have actually tried HostGator cPanel and I should state that it is anything but difficult to get used to. In the event that you are somebody who isn’t exceptionally specialized, you would not have any issue utilizing their cPanel.
- Furthermore, with video instructional exercises by HostGator on YouTube, it is anything but difficult to take in the highlights of cPanel.
- DreamHost, then again utilize custom web based cpanel. This is a major let down from DreamHost. cPanel is utilized by most hosting suppliers and in the event that you are fond of using cPanel, you would locate this extremely disillusioning.
Note: DreamHost does not give their web-based cpanel demo.
Winner: HOSTGATOR. Accompanies cPanel which effortlessly beats DreamHost’s online control board.
#2 Other Features
- In case you will utilize HostGator, you will get $200 worth of promotion credits for use with Google Adwords and Yahoo/Bing. Also you may avail of their 60% using this promotional link.
- You can have your site relocated from an alternate host to HostGator at no cost to you.
- Upgrades are additionally free, though downgrades are not for free. This ought to be done inside the 30 day time of your initial joining. Each site you make likewise gets the area at no cost for the underlying term.
- The free tools and website builder will help you to make your stunning website.
- Users cannot have sites moved to DreamHost from somewhere else for nothing. Most different locales do offer this for nothing.
- You get $100 kudos credits for Google Adwords.
- Users get one domain name and it’s free for whatever length of time that you utilize it. Most organizations just permit a free domain for the primary year.
- There are no website design building tools.
About Your Money
#1 Pricing and Features
- HostGator offers three shared hosting plans which are Hatchling Plan (the least expensive), Baby Plan and Business Plan.
- The Hatchling Plan comes at a low rate of $3.95/mo, yet enables you to have just a single domain.
- The Baby design/plan offers every single essential component and includes some major disadvantages of $4.95/mo. This would be the best decision in the event that you need to have numerous locales. On the off chance that you have to climb to unlimited domains, HostGator’s Baby design offers that for $4.95/month in the event that you pay for a long time in advance.
- One level up frame that is HostGator’s Business arrange for which is $5.95/month on the off chance that you pay for a long time in advance, and is likely the most like DreamHost’s arrangement yet with a couple of additional highlights, for example, a free VOIP mobile phone.
- Enables you to attempt its hosting only for $0.01 which is an awesome plan.
- Also, they enable you to pay month to month, half yearly and yearly.
- Offers various plans, however they just permit a single domain on their Hatchling plan for which is their least expensive arrangement. It is significantly not as much as DreamHost in case you’re just anticipating hosting 1 space.
- Offers just one hosting plan that expenses $8.95/mo. They don’t enable you to pay month to month, which implies you need to pay for an entire year to get a hosting account.
- On the off chance that you are making your first site, DreamHost would be the wrong decision as you can’t pay month to month.
- Cost is genuinely basic, they charge $10.95/month on the off chance that you pay month to month, $9.95/month in the event that you pay for a whole year, and $7.95/month on the off chance that you pay for more than that, for example, 3 years. We trust that their renewal pricing is the same as these too, so there isn’t quite a surprise. This incorporates unlimited domains too.
Cost or price is a major point for a great many users with regards to looking for a webhost. Shared hosting is a quite a focused commercial center with various alternatives. The main thing that users truly need to keep an eye out for are the renewal rates since a few hosts offer a low basic cost. After that when the basic introductory period is finished, they lift the rates at renewal time. Over that, various coupons can be utilized to help bring down the underlying expense too, which makes the cost all the more confounding. For keeping things straightforward, we’ll disregard coupons in this area.
Both HostGator and DreamHost
HostGator and DreamHost offer “boundless everything” on their hosting plans, which truly isn’t boundless. However, that is an exchange for another page. Basically, in the event that you manhandle it or go too far, they’ll cut you off at one point. Be that as it may, for examination here, they both offer unlimited storage, email, bandwidth, and so forth.
When you take a gander at all the diverse costs, HostGator turns out somewhat ahead as far as the yearly and multi-year cost. Their pricing is not exactly as direct as DreamHost, yet when you figure it out it is somewhat better as I would like to think.
Winner: HOSTGATOR, by a tad.
#2 Free Trial and Money-back Guarantee
- The money-back guarantee of HostGator is 45 days for the agreement itself. Every one of the additional items, for example, custom installations, admin fees, domain fees, and other add-ons.
- In the event that you don’t utilize a credit card to pay for your hosting, your discount must be connected to the account you have. Just newcomers to HostGator meet all requirements for this discount.
- They provide a 97-day moneyback guarantee, outstanding amongst other accessible. In any case, you can only qualify in the event that you first paid with charge card and just for shared hosting. Different methods of payment aren’t qualified for discounts.
- Using this promotional link, you may avail of their $75 Off DreamHost Coupon, Promo Codes
- Their partners, third party services, and domain names additionally aren’t associated with a discount.
- You can pick a month to month or yearly plan. The yearly plans are less expensive yet in the event that you don’t know of anything, the month to month may be the better approach. In the event that you wish to cancel your account after the 97 days has passed, they will undoubtedly give you a discount on most things including some you would not get on the off chance that it was under the 97 days.
The Verdict: HostGator vs DreamHost
Tier: HOSTGATOR Wins!
Here’s the reason—with regards to speed and execution, DreamHost improved by the Dotcom-Monitor tests. However, in practically every other classification HostGator is ahead—particularly in the UI and uptime classifications.
HostGator just assembles a more affordable and more solid bundle that is MUCH more easy to use. Also, (not from coordinate testing) their servers have been somewhat snappier than DreamHost.