With all the hosting sites accessible, it can be hard to locate the correct one for your requirements. Dreamhost is a well-known hosting site that offers a great deal of amazing features and customer service. iPage is not as well-known, yet they have begun to become famous with their plans’ quality customer service and competitive price.
While the two do have a considerable measure in like manner, there are a few key things that differ them. Regardless of how you want to utilize your site, subsequent to perusing this comparison, you will have a superior thought of which one is ideal for you.
Most Important Factors
- Dreamhost offers plans that begin at $4.50/month, which is awesome in case you are hoping to spare some cash. They have different plans that can give you more highlights, and the costs for those plans run from $7.95-$149 a month. The huge swath of alternatives settles on Dreamhost a brilliant decision for pretty much anybody.
- Contingent upon the sort of plan you will get, you may discover a price range that is better and works for you.
- The Essential plan begins at $1.99 for shared webhosting.
- The VPS hosting plans run from $19.99-$79.99.
- iPage’s dedicated server designs begin at $119.99-$191.99.
- Their pricing makes them more competitive contrasted with other hosting sites.
WINNER: Draw. The costs of both hosting sites are brilliant. In any case, for littler plans, iPage will be the better alternative. In the event that you require a broad arrangement, Dreamhost is the champ. It is subjective, yet both hosting organizations give fantastic plans to bring down costs contrasted with other hosting sites.
#2 Technical and Customer Support
Next is a comparison of the two webhosts’ technical and customer support service. Both DreamHost and iPage webhosting give free specialized support 24/7.
- The technical and customer support for Dreamhost offers a lot of approaches to connect with a genuine individual.
- They have tech professionals accessible to help you with any issues. O
- On the off chance that you have any issues with your site, you can contact a staff in minutes with their telephone support, ticketing, and chat. In case you’re generally on the web, you will profit incredibly.
- This DreamHost review shows that they just give free help through email, telephone help costs additional charge.
Technical and customer support is perfect for any hosting organization, particularly when they have customers that have a huge number of inquiries.
- iPage has knowledgebase, tickets, email, live chat, phone support, including different assets.
- Regardless of what issue you have, iPage offers an assortment of administrations to help their clients to answer any inquiries, and give instant feedback when you require it.
- iPage webhosting makes support accessible through live chat, email, and through phone, with hold times with an average of less2 minutes.
WINNER: Dreamhost is the victor of this round, and simply because they are outstanding for their technical and customer support. While iPage offers a portion of a similar customer support systems, they are not as broad as Dreamhost. In case you’re anticipating investing a considerable measure of energy on the web, you can accomplish more with Dreamhost’s customer support.
- The highlights for Dreamhost incorporates protected sockets layer certificates, unlimited bandwidth, virtual private servers, dedicated servers, and shared hosting.
- Dreamhost offers a great deal of highlights that can enable your site to run consummately.
- iPage offers a great deal of highlights, yet some of their fundamental highlights incorporate master support, a 30-day moneyback guarantee, and plans that incorporate a ton of additional highlights. While that is a glimpse of a larger problem, you will have significantly more highlights accessible with their plans.
WINNER: Dreamhost is the champ since they have highlights that enable you to customize your site. iPage offers some great highlights, yet it appears that you’re getting what you pay for. Along these lines, however you are sparing a considerable measure of cash, you may not get every one of the highlights you require with iPage.
#4 Uptime and Downtime
- Uptime is significant to any site, and you require a hosting that gives incredible uptime. Dreamhost ensures an uptime of 99.9 percent, which is perfect for anybody searching for a hosting site.
- You would prefer not to stall out with a hosting site that can’t keep the pages loaded up when you require them to be.
- Uptime is pivotal to any site, and in case you are searching for reliability, iPage has a magnificent uptime.
- They have a general uptime of around 99.84%, which isn’t too awful to host sites.
- Despite the fact that you may encounter some downtime with iPage, almost 100% uptime is useful for pretty much anybody.
- As an extensive organization with more than 1 million clients, iPage has considered reliability very important.
- According to the reviews of this article, iPage Uptime – How Often Do iPage Websites Go Down?, iPage has probability of downtime.
- Working 2 server farms, the organization furnishes them two with continuous power supply and diesel backup generator.
- Also, the organization has every one of clients’ sites in a pooled server condition which guarantees sites are as yet available notwithstanding when they meet server failure as each server in the server farms is upheld grouped with another.
WINNER: Dreamhost is the champ of this round. When it comes to uptime, you ought to have as near 100 percent uptime as you can get. It’s almost great. When you contrast with the measure of downtime you’ll have with iPage, you may not see the downtime.
Other Major Factors
In looking at iPage versus DreamHost webhosting we see that the center highlights offered by both are indistinguishable, with unlimited email, bandwidth, and disk space. Likewise, the two organizations give a free domain enlistment with their webhosting administration, and take into consideration an unlimited number of MySQL databases and domains.
- DreamHost does not give a free site builder. They utilize their own particular custom interface.
- DreamHost charges $8.95.
- This iPage review found that their control board accompanies Install Central. Introduce Central contains a bigger number of well-known applications for e-commerce, CMS, forums, blogs, and then some more.
- Furthermore, it is anything but difficult to discover what you are searching for, in light of the fact that the web contents are recorded under tabs that group each kind of task. Likewise, iPage gives a free intuitive site builder. In any case, it isn’t as simple to explore as the one offered by iPage, and contains less web contents.
- iPage just charges $2.99 every month.
- With regards to speed, you need a quick hosting site, and Dreamhost furnishes you with the speed you require.
- Dreamhost has magnificent rates that will load up rapidly, which is useful for traffic going to your site. It can load up on a PC in about 1.3 seconds, making it quicker than other hosting destinations. It’s great for anybody.
- Speed is significant for anybody hosting a site, and you require a quick and reliable hosting site.
- iPage has reliability and great overall performance which is useful for those hoping to have an extensive site.
- iPage will be a considerable measure slower than other hosting sites.
WINNER: Dreamhost will have quicker speeds than iPage, which makes them undeniably the champ in this category. Regardless of whether this is on account of iPage isn’t as referred to, or their servers don’t act too, they simply miss the mark with regards to speed. On the off chance that you need more individuals to visit your site, you require a hosting site that gives an amazing speed like DreamHost’s.
- Getting more for your cash is constantly great, and Dreamhost offers a ton of good highlights for their cash.
- Unlimited bandwidth and shared hosting can influence your site to run easily and rapidly.
- Considering how economical their plans are, you will get an awesome incentive with Dreamhost.
- While speed and various highlights are perfect for measuring value, you ought to consider the amount you are paying for everything.
- Since the customer support is broad, regardless of the possibility that you don’t purchase the premium membership, despite everything, you will have amazing customer support. On that factor alone, you are getting your cash’s worth with iPage.
WINNER: DreamHost. Despite the fact that you are paying more cash for Dreamhost, you are getting a quicker speed than with iPage. It relies upon what it is you’re searching for, and whether the highlights will do what you require them to do.
#1 Green Hosting
- DreamHost (We’re green. – DreamHost.blog) concentrates on giving webhosting administrations, overlooking their social duty to battle against a global warming.
- On the official site, we have not discovered what measures DreamHost has taken for the ecological protection.
- DreamHost is one of the Top 5 Best Green Web Hosting Companies
- iPage is one of the green webhosts with the buy of inexhaustible credits to counterbalance the contamination their server farms, servers, and office deliver.
- What’s more, their clients are furnished with green badges to better secure our condition.
- In this way, iPage is a decent decision for the individuals who additionally need their site to be eco-friendly.
WINNER: iPage. From this point of view, iPage merits the more noteworthy notoriety in the hosting field.
#2 Better for Personal Hosting
According to our evaluation regarding these reviews, iPage Reviews by 429 Users & Our Experts – WhoIsHostingThis, iPage, considering the cost, webhosting features and reliability, is more reasonable for individuals who possess or plan to set up an individual blog or some other little sites with a minimal effort.
Who is it for?
Advertisers require an approach to contact individuals, and utilizing more devices to upgrade their sites will enable individuals to discover their site easier.
- iPage gives every one of the devices an advertiser need to make a site. That, as well as you will spare significantly more cash when you’re utilizing iPage. Here are iPage’s 7 Signs It’s Time to Find a New Marketing Vendor – iPage Blog.
- Dreamhost will function also, however you may need to get ready to pay significantly more cash for their administrations.
All things considered, both hosting destinations give brilliant highlights you have to plan an eye-popping site. Everything comes down to what your cost will be.
- Web developers are fond of using tools, and Dreamhost gives every one of the tools a web engineer needs to be satisfied.
- Regardless of what they’re doing, they can depend on Dreamhost’s highlights to make a great site.
- In spite of the fact that iPage may be better for some developers, their uptime guarantee is not that incredible. This will make developers insane. To keep them glad, utilizing a hosting site that incorporates every one of the tools and gives brilliant velocities will enable developers to accomplish more.
- In case you are a developer, you will discover iPage to lack the quantity of tools you have to make a site. Not just that, the uptime and speed appraisals may drive them off.
#3 Small Business Owners
- iPage was built for entrepreneurs, particularly since they offer low costs.
- They have incredible customer service that will enable entrepreneurs to make and keep up a site.
- In spite of the fact that an entrepreneur might be put off with the upload and speed time, utilizing Dreamhost will be more serious.
- An entrepreneur might not have the time to commit to making and keeping up a site. In spite of the fact that Dreamhost gives a lot of highlights, it takes significantly more time for proprietors to figure out how to legitimately set the correct features.
#4 E-Commer Companies
- With regards to keeping up and running an organization, utilizing a hosting site that gives brilliant uptimes is basic.
- Despite the fact that iPage provides a considerable measure of value client bolster and aggressive costs, they just cannot beat Dreamhost.
- iPage is fantastic for organizations to start with platforms, yet they can’t deal with a portion of the greater tasks internet business organizations require.
- It is better for a web-based business organization to run with Dreamhost in light of the fact that they have fantastic speeds, and their plans are more competitive.
Tier: DreamHost WINS!
DreamHost – 9/13
iPage – 4/13
We trust that either administration would be a better than average decision. Nonetheless, we would need to run with DreamHost by and large for execution and the free SSL and TLS authentications. iPage still beats DreamHost in other security choices, price, and customer service. This settled on the decision extraordinarily hard for us.
We can reason that iPage is the preferred webhosting supplier over DreamHost. Particularly, on the off chance that you are a blogger searching for the practical, quick and solid hosting that accompanies the helpful support and service, iPage won’t let you down.