When it comes to building a website, hiring a web developer is usually the best thing you should do. However, this is not only the case anymore. Due to the continuous growth of technology, creating a website can now be done easily. You do not need to be technically-inclined, no need to be knowledgeable about HTML and CSS or any other programming languages. Website builders are now accessible to anyone who has an internet connection. Wix, WordPress, and Squarespace are just some of the awesome web builders today. But choosing the best one between Wix vs WordPress vs Squarespace is quite challenging.
The easy and hassle way of using the web builder makes it very convenient for people to create a website. However, the differences of the packages each builder offers vary from each other. This is where it gets confusing. So which one should you choose among these platforms?
Before choosing a web builder, you should first think of the things you want for your website to have. Choosing will then come after easily if you everything set. We will run through the Wix, WordPress, and Squarespace’s benefits, features, and as well as the cost.
Wix started as an Adobe Flash-based website builder in the year 2006. When the success of Apple iPhone was high in 2008, most of the website designers and even website services left using Flash for websites since it does not support the said platform. With this, Wix decided to move to HTML5-based platform in the year 2012 and since then stopped using Flash.
Right after going to the homepage of Wix, you will then choose what kind of website you desire to create. The good thing about Wix is the range of templates they offer. You can choose a template for designers, hotels, restaurants, businesses, and a whole lot more. Aside from that, here are most of their features:
- Themes – If you do not have any design for your website yet, you may be able to choose among their 500 templates.
- Galleries – Wix offers a gallery from which you can edit or retouch your website.
- Drag and Drop Editor – You do not need to be technically knowledgeable, you can just drag and drop elements on your website.
- Free Images – You may be able to choose among the free stock photos from Wix.
- Parallax 3D Effects – You can create an effect of a scrolling text on your background thru this feature.
- Apps – With the 250 apps available in Wix, you will be able to include a lot of features
inyour website. Pin toScreen – This is one of the best featureof Wix. You will be able to lock one of your elements to any location on your webpage.
- eCommerce – You can promote your own product through Wix’ eCommerce online store. They have
all-in-onemanagement tool which helpyou track payments, shipping, and as well as orders.
Wix comes in four different premium subscription plans aside from their free option. Their plans are Connect Domain, Combo, Unlimited, and eCommerce. All of these five packages include drag-and-drop website builder, free hosting, and as well as unlimited pages.
- Very user-friendly.
- A drag-and-drop website builder.
- Analytics app can be added.
- Their Site Booster app will allow search engines to easily find your website.
- Their free option has limited features.
Getting Started with Wix.com
Almost everyone in the blogging world knows WordPress. In the start of the
WordPress is not only a website that offers itself as a blogging and website builder thru WordPress.com; it also operates WordPress.org where you can download WordPress’ latest version for your very own website hosting service.
WordPress includes a lot of features. It comes with plugins and basic themes ready for you to start blogging right away. However, unlike
- Plugins – WordPress offers free to premium plugins. It is just like an application that you can add to your website.
- Themes – Just like plugins, a lot of themes are available to use for free and some developers sell others.
- Slideshows – This is one of the plugins that you can get in WordPress. It comes in variety which you can pick whatever you desire to use for your website.
- Forms – If you plan to put a form in your website, you can do it in WordPress — any type of form. You can do this by downloading a form plugin. You can even add a feature like PayPal payments.
- eCommerce – For online shops, you can use eCommerce platforms such as MarketPress or WooCommerce. You may download it for free or you can pay for further customization.
- Mobile Responsive – The good thing about most of the themes from WordPress is how it is mobile-ready. This lets your viewers see your website in a mobile version.
- Video Integration – Just like a slideshow, this one allows you to add a 3rd party or another source of videos to your website.
As said, WordPress offers an open source platform which means it is free. If you use it, you use it for free. You will only have to pay if you will now host your website. You will have to find and set-up a web hosting of your choice. The best hosting companies for WordPress is Bluehost. It offers great features and is very reliable.
- You can get a license to every theme and plugin that you acquire.
- If you want to transfer to any other web host, you can easily export everything.
- You can backup your website to Dropbox via a plugin.
- You can build a marketing powerhouse by installing Yoast SEO.
- You need to do your own maintenance.
- May take some time to finish creating your website.
Getting Started with WordPress
If you want good designs, Squarespace is what you will need. It is accessible to local businesses and as well as artists t place their stories. They have a
Squarespace is already hosting a lot of websites with different category. Due to their easy-to-use interface, many people are venturing with them. You can showcase your art portfolios and designs by creating a website even within an hour. Here are some of the features you do not wanna miss from them:
- Drag-and-drop editor – You can easily create website thru Squarespace due to their easy drag-and-drop website building platform.
- Hosting – They offer hosting packages and the ability to be able to use your custom domain.
- Customer Service – They have very fast, knowledgeable, and reliable technical support.
- Imagery – They have an in-platform image editor if you want to make an adjustment with your images.
- eCommerce – Squarespace’ eCommerce is fully integrated. It permits you to unlimited products.
Squarespace comes with monthly packages. For $5 per month, you can have one-page cover page. This package includes custom domain and as well as hosting. For their Personal Website, you have to pay $8 a month which includes 20 pages with fully integrated eCommerce Platform just for one item. Moreover, you can also upgrade to Business for $18 per month which reduces the transaction free to 2%. It also gives you unlimited pages.
- All of their themes are mobile responsive.
- Most of their design templates and modern and clean.
- eCommerce integration.
- Drag-and-drop editor for easy creation of your website.
- Not free.
Getting Started with Squarespace
Final Thoughts: Wix vs WordPress vs Squarespace
All of the website builders mentioned have their own variety of features. When it comes to choosing the best platform, you should consider several things. So, from what we have listed, which one should you choose: Wix vs WordPress vs Squarespace?
Among all these three, WordPress has the best features you would want for your website. However, if you want for easier navigation while creating your website, you should opt for Wix. Their drag-and-drop platform makes it easier for you.
And that’s it! Hope you were able differentiate the website builders. Which one do you think is the best? Let us know. Just comment down below.
See also: Top 5 Free Website Builders