Yahoo Aabaco Small Business, also formerly known as Yahoo Small Business and Yahoo SiteBuilder, and other name changes they’ve had in the past 20 years. Yahoo Small Business or Aabaco is a service that offers small business owners custom websites, hosting, domains, eCommerce help, and business email plans.
Apparently, the Yahoo Small Business Directory has been retired. It’s now part of Aabaco Small Business.
Before Google became a household name, a lot of web users find their way using Yahoo Directory. The Directory was not a search engine, rather an organized list of websites chosen by Yahoo.
Now owned by Verizon since the done deal on 2017, Yahoo Aabaco was born.
What does Yahoo Small Business do?
Yahoo Small Business has all the tools like:
- Websites: An easy-to-use, drag-and-drop website building tool. Choose from 150+ themes, customize, and publish in just minutes.
- E-commerce: Online stores that come with shipping integration, inventory management, credit card processing, live insights, and apps to help your business grow.
- Domains: Choose from a huge selection of domain extensions with the industry’s most competitive prices.
- Web Hosting: We can host your website on our own servers. Our hosting system also comes with site building tools.
- Local: Take control of your business listings on 60+ local directories from a single dashboard and be discovered by potential customers near you
- Business Mail: Increase your credibility with a business email that uses your domain name.
Yahoo Small Business, apparently, is a web host.
Pricing and Plans
So as we can see, Yahoo Aabaco offers their cheapest plan starting at $4.49 a month, billed annually, so that is $53.88 a year. They offer 100 GB of disk space, but a bandwidth transfer limit of 1000 Gb a month. Compared to some popular and known web host providers, Yahoo is a sort of an upgrade and has a better offering than most of the other web hosts’ basic plans. But does the numbers really live up to the expectation set?
User reviews about Yahoo Aabaco can be found around the internet. So you can check yourself if it really is a good bet.
PROS and CONS
Yahoo Small Business offers a wide variety of advantages when you use their service, notable features include:
- Domain, a custom website, hosting, and business email included
- “Quality customer support”
- WYSIWYG website editor
- Focus on small and medium businesses
- Mobile optimization
- SSL Certification
- 30-day money back guarantee
A web host review can’t be finished without a con segment right? Here are a few weaknesses Yahoo Aabaco might possess:
- Limited flexibility compared to more known competitors
- Dashboard not suitable for new users, as it may look too confusing.
- The absence of business widgets (such as callback and live chat extensions), which is crucial for a business website builder
Yahoo Aabaco is a fine piece of technological advancement for the company. I think it is really suitable for business owners and online entrepreneurs that may dare sail. It’s a decent web host, and I think you can actually grow further if there’d be no technicality issues in their side in the future like what happened back in 2013 when a lot of domains registered in their servers were demolished and a lot of users failed to get their refund for the unused service.
I would recommend Yahoo to those finding a reliable business online and also to new users who are just starting now, you can use their easy drag-and-drop type of website builder.
Do you want up to 85% discounts for Hosting? Try these.